Tuesday, May 26, 2009
two weeks' notice
It's a little overwhelming to think that we are moving in two weeks. The realization that we are leaving our precious friends & family has sunk in completely... I've been teary-eyed several times over the past few days as I've thought of all the people we love here in Texas and the time that is going to pass until we see them again. It's funny how human beings work... I don't always take time out of my busy schedule to spent quality time with the ones I love, yet I want the security/convenience of knowing that I could spend time with those people if I wanted to. It takes something tangible, like moving or illness, for us to really get our priorities straight -- to place our friends and family at the top of our to-do lists -- when the deadline pressure is enough to move us out of the worldly rat race and into God's "people first" economy. I am challenged and changed by the realization that my most valuable assets aren't the ones I am methodically packing into boxes, but the lives and relationships and emotional investments that I cannot wrap in bubble wrap and take with me. I am profoundly grateful that I have so much richness to leave behind.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
6 comments:
And your Aunt Judy is one person who is going to miss you all! You people in my family just keep moving away to Alaska...but I have no doubt that God is in this move every step of the way. I love you, Sweetheart!
Oh, Heath, I hear and agree wholeheartedly with your words. We continue to love you from Midland, TEXAS! Go with God,
Di
shall I just cry some more?
Whoa big news!!! I didn't have any idea...well, I guess you'll sort of be maybe a little closer to us now? or not. Either way, Love you and praying for a smooth transition!!! We need to catch up sometime soon! It's been tooooooo loooooooong!
I am ready for ya'll to start blogging again!!!
I second that - I'm ready for you to start blogging! I miss you guys!
Post a Comment