Wednesday, September 26, 2007

Finally!!

I know you have all quit paying attention to this because it has been over a month since we have posted anything...time flies when you're having fun! Allow me to catch you up in a VERY quick manner:
School has started and I am loving the academy where I am teaching. I have 93 Gifted and Talented students throughout the day divided into 6 periods. My largest class is 18 and my smallest is 12. I am coaching the 7th grade B football team. We are 2-0 and on our way to a district title -- yes, they actually have one for the 7th grade B team. Erin is staying at home with Charyse and loving it. We have recently started distributing AdvoCare (if you haven't heard of it you need to call Erin ASAP), and we are making enough income off of it to afford Erin staying home. If you are looking for more energy, better health, or more energy in your life, then you need to talk with my wife about AdvoCare.
Now on to the really exciting news: Charyse. She has been growing rapidly and continues to learn new words and new signs everyday. We have been working on potty training for about 2 weeks now, with slow progression. We have been working on walking since Alaska, and she is more than capable of doing it on her own but refuses to walk if you are not holding her hand...until today! The footage below was my first glimpse of her walking...which was not only awesome for obvious reasons, but was even sweeter because she was walking to me! Take a look:



Now, if that is not pretty stinkin' cool then I don't know what is! Of course, she is not perfect yet - we're giving her through the weekend to be running - so we still have to downplay the falls that occur occassionaly (when she gets distracted). Our terminology for these slips is "BOOM." It fits in nicely with our "FUMBLE" for when she drops something...I had nothing to do with the designation of these terms. I was a mere bystander, but I have agreed to use them anyway. Here is the BOOM in action:



I promise we will be better about actually posting things on here at a more frequent rate...so, until next time, God speed and Good Football!

2 comments:

Sherry/Ya-Ya and Yo-Yo said...

HOORAY!!!! I think it is the shoes!!:) How darling she looks walking. Can't wait to see it in live action. Thanks for sharing. I love you. Mom/Sherry/YaYa

Judy said...

What a doll! Thrilled that you finally had an update--Aunt Judy is quite interested!